Huuuuuuuuuuuuuge Monitor - will this do the job???

edited September 2006 in Hardware
Would this be sutable for a PCmonitor.

http://www.av-sales.co.uk/SHARP-LC-52XD1E-130-17.htm

My plan is to use my PC like a Console in my front room and im after a huuuge high res display to do it

I selected this model as its 1080p as so a good enough res for PC games (as far as Im aware)

Any suggestions or ideas more than welcome. Im trying hard to make the most informed decsion here.

Mickey

Comments

• gtghmgtghm New
    edited September 2006
    Looks pretty good to me, remember "from sharp minds comes sharp products..." :D
  • Instrument-MechanicInstrument-Mechanic SF Bay Area
    edited September 2006
    I tried to get some specs on the product, but I could not find any. Make sure that it can accept a 1080p signal. Alot of products outhere have a 1080p display, but at best can only accept a 1080i signal, and hten do its own deinterlacing... this will not give you the best resolution for gaming. Also consider the refresh rate of the LCD. will it be fast enough to not blur in fast action scenes? With DLP, its not a problem, but Large LCDs it can be. Check out some HD tv forums, and see what they are saying about a tv befroe you make a large investment.
  • edited September 2006
    I've found a little info by googling around and making a lucky guess or 2 also and it looks like these are a brand new offering from Sharp. They must be so new that Sharp's american and uk websites don't have any info on them yet.

I did find this page on their global site. It doesn't cover the exact model number you referenced in your link, but I imagine that it was changed slightly due to it being a UK offering, compared to a Japan offering in my link.

I hope this information helps you out. :)
  • edited September 2006
    Thanks every1, really appreciated:cheers:

Im also concidering a projector, trying to weigh up pros n cons
  • Instrument-MechanicInstrument-Mechanic SF Bay Area
    edited September 2006
    Projectors are awsome, but you really need a dark room, long interconnects, and a screen, a white painted wall is just not cool
  • edited September 2006
    Ive heard if you keep the picture around 70" PJs can be as bright as plasmas.

Is this right? I think my wife would draw a line at me painting the walls black:rolleyes2
  • gtghmgtghm New
    edited September 2006
    Mickey123 wrote:
    Ive heard if you keep the picture around 70" PJs can be as bright as plasmas.

Is this right? I think my wife would draw a line at me painting the walls black:rolleyes2

http://www.hometheaterspot.com/