installing raid drivers without floppy???

edited September 2006 in Hardware
Hiya all.

Have been suffering severe problems from my computer this last week, not only suffering BSOD, every 20 minutes. Thankfully i found out that it was an older version of the nvidea drivers that was causing the most of the BSOD.

Yesterday, i got another BSOD, and suddenly my computer wouldn't boot. Stating /system file was missing or currupted... press R to repair in the windows install menu..

so i go and try that with my updated windows xp sp2 install disk. No such option as it's custom made. (note, is loads a whole host of raid drivers before the install)

So i try an older windows xp disk, yes i get the repair function. Cannot find my drives. I try install, cannot find my drives. (note, this doesn't seem to load very many raid drivers)

I try the same with a windows xp 64 disk... no dice...

So my question is this. I should obviously get my own driver files and install them in the loading menu, f6. But my computer do not have a floppy drive.

So is there anything else i can do?
Do i need to figure out how to slipstream them, and make another custom boot disk?

Comments

• ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited September 2006
    You sadly only really have those two options.

1. Get a floppy drive temporarily into the PC

or

2. Try and integrate your drivers (which is a very hit & miss procedure)

For integrating:

http://www.xpcreate.com/raid.htm

Good luck and let us know how you get on :)
  • edited September 2006
    thanks for your reply...

it seems the link is good, but unfortunately nvidea drivers are not included...
    yes i run nvidea 4 chipset...

well i'm currently trying to find a version where someone has already put in the raid drivers... here's to hoping it works...
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited September 2006
    Another GREAT program is nLite! It'll allow you to integrate a windows XP/2K service pack, your RAID drivers, and plenty of other things like Firefox, Windows Updates, and the .NET framework so you never have to have a floppy or do post-install service pack updates again. :)

It cut my reformat time down to 32 minutes from disc insert to fresh desktop w/ drivers.
  • a2jfreaka2jfreak Houston, TX Member
    edited September 2006
    I know I asked this before, but I don't recall ever seeing a reply: Thrax, when did you quit loving IE/hating Firefox?