i need sata drivers

vjsvjs
edited September 2006 in Hardware
i bought new computer and the new hard drive is sata2.
i want to use my old hard drive too but its sata1 and it wount work on the new comp i think i need drivers 4 it? motherboard is dfi lanparty nf4 sli-dr

Comments

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited September 2006
    It doesn't need drivers to be seen by the motherboard. Are you saying your motherboard doesn't recognize the drive? SATA 2 controllers are backwards compatible and will definitely be able to "see" SATA 1 drives.
  • vjsvjs
    edited September 2006
    it cant find the sata 1 hard drive. i donot know why... do u know why that is so?
  • Mt_GoatMt_Goat Head Cheezy Knob Pflugerville (north of Austin) Icrontian
    edited September 2006
    Does the drive at least show on the post screen on in the BIOS?

What exactly are you trying to do? I hae the same exact board with both types of SATA drives running.
  • vjsvjs
    edited September 2006
    im trying to get it work ,because i have few important programs there. I cant see the hard drive at bios or any where i donot know y.
  • Mt_GoatMt_Goat Head Cheezy Knob Pflugerville (north of Austin) Icrontian
    edited September 2006
    I know this sounds dumb but have you checked the cable and made sure the port it is conneced to is enabled in the BIOS? You have looked in the BIOS and it isn't there???? Primesuspect is correct in that it is not drivers and your drive is backwards compatabile.
  • vjsvjs
    edited September 2006
    the cable is correctly plugged and the bios just dosent show it there...
  • Datsun-1600Datsun-1600 Sydney.au
    edited September 2006
    Have you tried different SATA data cables?

Datsun 1600
  • vjsvjs
    edited September 2006
    ive tried but it dosent help...i switched the cable port on the motherboard and then it found it. ty 4 help all:)