Thread on server issue on Stanford's forum.

dragonV8dragonV8 not here much New
edited September 2006 in Folding@Home
Just checked the farm again and without counting, i reckon around 50 WU's are sitting there just looking at us.:(

SM27 is in the same boat. Still folding after we found a belated issue, but has 2 WU's in queue.

This is the related thread.

I have no doubt most of you folks will be in the same position.
Not the way we want to see a spike in production once the servers get back up and running correctly.

Comments

• Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited September 2006
    I have about 17 WU's sitting... waiting to be sent, I have also noticed a ton of 600 point projects being sent to my rigs rather than my normal 396 pointers....

To note all the machines with waiting WU's are folding new WU's already, I have no idea why they won't send...

edit: looks like most of my unsent WU's are trying to hit a sever that is set for DOWN or Reject :(
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited September 2006
    I'm in the same boat.

At least all of my machines have been able to get new work. I don't mind seeing the WU's get turned in in one clump when they get the problem fixed, it's when you have everything sitting there idle that I get bummed out.
  • dragonV8dragonV8 not here much New
    edited September 2006
    Sever 138 appears the one worst affected, which the thread at Stanford was about. I did post a couple of replies it the thread, but they were not to complain, rather my observation from our comps.

They are trying hard to rectify the problems and one can't complain about that.
    edited September 2006
    An update from dlucent at Stanford.

Posted: Today at 5:02 am Post subject: (No subject)

Hi everyone,

Sorry for the inconvenience with server .138. I regret to inform everyone that it wil be down for a few more days. As Vijay said the surgery was a success but I'd like to add I need some time to "stitch the server back up and let it heal". Specifically, I have to move a large amount of data around while I am finishing maintenance on the RAID. It will probably be down for a few more days while I fix things and put everything back where it belongs. Once again, sorry for the inconvenience. Hopefully soon you will all have more wonderful P761 Wus that I know you love so much :) .

-Del
  • Datsun-1600Datsun-1600 Sydney.au
    edited September 2006
    All of the WU I had queued up have been uploaded.

Datsun 1600
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited September 2006
    Same here. :clap:
  • edcentricedcentric near Milwaukee, Wisconsin Icrontian
    edited September 2006
    Mine have all sent within the last 30min also.
    edited September 2006
    Ditto, only one left out of 50+. :thumbsup:

Server 138 is still down, however they did get the collection server fixed to pick up the slack.