Integrated 17'' LCD...

twhitetwhite UP of MI
edited September 2006 in Hardware
*First SM post ever*

Im determined to integrate an LCD monitor Ive got laying around into an old flexmaster case I picked up YEARS ago...

The problem is...I can seem to figure out a simple way to execute this plan...

Any thoughts?

Comments

• GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited September 2006
    Welcome to Short-Media!

What kind of LCD monitor is this? A standard PC LCD? Or a specialty LCD? (i.e. what input does it have, VGA, DVI, RCA, or something unique?)

Typically, the method of integration is to strip away the LCD casing, cut the case side to size, mount the screen to the case aligned iwth the hole you made, mount the remaining LCD components, and run the video to it. One suggestion for getting power and video signal to the LCD is to modify a PCI slot blank to conveniently pass through your cabling at the rear/bottom of the case.

If you decide to do this project, definitely keep us posted! It sounds really interesting.
  • tmh88tmh88 Pittsburgh / Athens, OH
    edited September 2006
    if you take the lcd out of the casing like ghoosdum said you can probably just use a dremel and figure a way to get it onto the side of the case.
  • twhitetwhite UP of MI
    edited September 2006
    Just a typical LCD monitor.

I guess my biggest concern is keeping it in place once its mounted. THEN having to deal with yet another source of heat in the case...blek
  • Mt_GoatMt_Goat Head Cheezy Knob Pflugerville (north of Austin) Icrontian
    edited September 2006
    Tom
    I would like to welcome you to Short-Media as well. You are a part of my family that I have never forgotten and happy to have found. Please make yourself at home here as I have considered Short-Media my home on the web and would like to invite you to do so as well! This by far the best buch of people (I have now met several in person) that exists bar none. there is more combined quality knowledge here from a lot of quality people than you can shke a stick at. I would also like to invite you to be come a part of our folding family as it is for a great cause that benefits many. I beleive you found your way here in part due to one of the things that Folding@Home benefits.