Laptop doesnt turn on!

edited September 2006 in Hardware
Help! My laptop suddenly wont turn on anymore! Its an ASUS A6U,less than a year old and was generally working fine until today. I uninstalled the touchpad driver which required me to restart my computer which i did however it didnt restart so i pressed the power button and it started up for 2 seconds then just went dead.A little blue light flashes on the status indicators along with an ominous beep. Everytime i press the power button the same thing happens. Its as though the power is there but it just doesnt load. At the moment i have managed to turn it on by pressing the spacebar right after pressing the start button which is a lot better than not being able to switch it on at all however i just want it to work normally again....
Im a novice when it comes to computers so i would really appreciate a simple explanation if such a thing exists with computers! But any help will be VERY much appreciated!! so thank you sooo much in advance and if any more details are required ill be happy to post them! :) Please help me fix this!

Comments

• msbcmlmsbcml Kentucky
    edited September 2006
    Are you applying extra pressure to the spacebar or just tapping it?
    Otherwise it sounds like a memory error. Maybe you just knocked it loose and it needs to be reseated and applying pressure to the spacebar is reseating it.
  • edited September 2006
    msbcml wrote:
    Are you applying extra pressure to the spacebar or just tapping it?
    Otherwise it sounds like a memory error. Maybe you just knocked it loose and it needs to be reseated and applying pressure to the spacebar is reseating it.

Thanx so much for your reply. I opened up the bottom of the laptop and checked if the memory or any other part was dislodged but everything seems to be fine. I removed and readjusted it just to be sure but it made no difference. And iv also realised that its not just the spacebar, pressing any key seems to get it started! Dunno if that further complicates the problem??!? Oh and the answer to your question, simply tapping any key seems to do the job.
    I'd greatly appreciate any further insight...computers AARGH!!:banghead: