Sound problem :0(

edited September 2006 in Hardware
Hi all,

Here is my first post:-

I have a PC (homebuilt) which has worked fine for ages. It's nothing special ... now that is but it's had a fault for some time which i cant seem to cure? For some reason i getting popping and strange intermittent noise from my sound card to the point that it's totally irritating. Firstly i thought it was a driver issue between my sound and graphics so removed My Audigy and tried the onboard sound. Same problem. I swapped my graphics NVidia 5900 for and ATI (model i cant remember) same problem. Tried all combos of graphics vs sound still same problem? updated BIOS and drivers of everything, same problem. I'm totally stumped as to the problem. I remember reading somewhere that maybe there is an issue like this associated with running serial ATA which i am, but i dont know if there was a resolution or if in fact this was an issue. Has anyone else suffered the same problem or have a resolution. I'm running an old Gigabyte GA-7N400 pro 1 with an Athalon 3000. I have an Audigy 2 sound card and a Nvidia 5900GC. I'm running 2 Serial ATA drives and 1 IDE totalling around a GIG. I have an NEC DVD Writer.

If anyone can help it would be appreciated.

PS i know the system sucks but i refuse to update until early 2007 ;)

Comments

• RichDRichD Essex, UK
    edited September 2006
    Have you tried a diferent Amp and speakers. Seems like the only thing left.
  • HawkHawk Fla Icrontian
    edited September 2006
    Googled your problem and this is all I could find...
    Hope it works..
    Completely remove AC97 onboard Driver- this came on the install disc-
    Then Do a "search for new Driver" & install the NVidia R one thats hidden on the disc.