Bad_Pool_Caller

edited September 2006 in Hardware
0x00000c2 (0x00000007, 0x00000xd4, 0x2062EADC, 0x89DE5008)

I keep getting this error and I'm not sure what's causing it. I can run SP2004 all day long and not get any errors. But this BSOD keeps coming up randomly whenever I least expect it. I have windows set to record a Minidump and reboot on BSOD, but whenever it hits the BSOD, it just sticks there. I do a manual reboot and there is no %systemroot%Minidump folder or .dmp files anywhere.
Sounds like it's locking up on the BSOD. I'm not sure what's causing this.
Does anyone know how to find out?

Comments

• profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited September 2006
  • edited September 2006
    I"m also getting Bad_Pool_Header now. I've run memtest for 24 hours now and it hasn't showed up anything wrong. Could this happen if the PWMIC get's too hot? Like around 60C? I do have the cpu overclocked to 2.5 now and the memory is supposed to run stock at 205mhz. I switched to stock timing @ 3-5-5-10 as well.
  • zero-counterzero-counter Linux Lubber San Antonio Member
    edited September 2006
    Do a search. We just recently discussed this same error and its meaning. The thread is full of useful info. :)
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited September 2006
    If Memtest has completed several passes with zero errors then you should be fine.

The errors you're getting generally mean that either your RAM is bad (which doesn't seem to be the problem in your case), or that a device driver is making a call to a reserved portion of memory.

Do you have any wireless networking stuff in use? Many of the errors like this I've seen are related to them. You might also try temporarily disabling any firewalls you may be running.

How confident are you that your machine is spyware/virus/adware free?