Different Colored Pixels with ATI vs NVidia

edited September 2006 in Hardware
Has anyone experienced pixel colors being different for games using a Nvidia card vs an ATI? I have. My new laptop has an ATI x1400 and my old laptop has a Nvidia 6800 go, my pc has a Nvidia 7900 GT. Now all the Nvidia cars make the game's pixels exactly the same on both pc and laptop.
But my new laptop with the ATI Video card, shows completely different pixel colors. I've tried uninstalling the video drivers and the game, then reinstalling.

I have all the settings set to default on both computers. The color options in the Video cards only change how the image looks on the monitors, but the actual pixel still shows up the same.

The reason I ask, is because I'm using AutoIt scripts to play a game, and it's looking for specific pixel colors. Now the script won't work on my new laptop, and I'm completely stumped as to why the colors are so different.

Can anyone help?:honoes:

Comments

• Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited September 2006
    Hmmm. I haven't ever run into this issue, nor have I seen a color difference. In some case colors might seem brighter, but not different. I will look into this and see what I can find.
  • airbornflghtairbornflght Houston, TX Icrontian
    edited September 2006
    more than likely an issue of different monitors, especially lcd's, which dont produce colors as good as crt's
  • CycloniteCyclonite Tampa, Florida Icrontian
    edited September 2006
    more than likely an issue of different monitors, especially lcd's, which dont produce colors as good as crt's

Based on the fact that he says his application is looking for specific colors, I'm going to assume the monitor doesn't come into play here. It's going to look for a color value, not a visible color like our eyes. ;)
  • edited September 2006
    I have also found out that, Older ATI cards are even different from their newer versions.

I have tested this on 5 different computers with Nvidia, ATI's. It's for a game called Silkroad Online. I don't know if directx has anything to do with the color being different or not.

This is not something that is affected by the monitors, but the actual pixel colors.

I also heard aimbot use vector searching rather than pixels?