Install probs.

botheredbothered Manchester UK
edited September 2006 in Folding@Home
Morning all,
I have just formatted and reinstalled XP. I reinstalled folding. The box popped up and I entered my name, team number etc and said yes to run as a service. The core downloaded and started a new WU so I closed the window (the black one full of white text) Then I checked in task manager and found folding wasn't running so I rebooted the PC, still not running. It runs if I start it manually but I need it to run as a service so I figured I must have done something wrong. Uninstall/reinstall, but then the box pops up and all the details are still there and it just starts folding again without letting me enter any options. I stopped it and did a search and deleted everything to do with folding then reinstalled, same thing, all options, name, team number etc, already in there and only running manually. Do I need to get something out of the registery or something so I can install from the beginning again?
Thanks folding chums.

Comments

• Datsun-1600Datsun-1600 Sydney.au
    edited September 2006
    Open the F@H Console and hit the Ctrl and C keys to stop the Console and then:

Open the F@H folder and right click the red gear icon and left click "create shortcut". Right click the shortcut and left click "Properties" in the target line add at the end, type space -config so it looks like "C:\Program Files\Console 5.04\FAH504-Console.exe -config", click apply then OK

Now double click the shortcut and re-enter your details.

When it is running as a service delete the shortcut.

Datsun 1600
  • Datsun-1600Datsun-1600 Sydney.au
    edited September 2006
    Slight typo error it should look like

"C:\Program Files\Console 5.04\FAH504-Console.exe" -config

Datsun 1600
  • botheredbothered Manchester UK
    edited September 2006
    Many thanks Datsun, worked a treat.