A78NX Deluxe Rev 2, SATA RAID, and individual partitions?

edited September 2006 in Hardware
Hi...

Ok, I have a heck of a problem. I picked up some SATA drives to upgrade my rig, and I needed to do a reinstall anyway. So, I figured the twin 80gb Seagates should run a striped array for the OS drive.

Lo and behold, I have an onboard SATA RAID controller, the Silicon Images 3112a on my Asus A78NX Deluxe (rev 2). I flashed the BIOS to 1008 (latest version). The controller version is 4.2.27.

I just low levelled both drives, deleted the array, and recreated it.

The problem is simple; even when F6ing for the drivers for the SiL controller (and I've tried them all - the Asus SiL drivers, the SiL OEM drivers, even tweaked aftermarket), all I see is two different partitions- Windows doesn't recognize the RAID array as a single drive.

I've been foruming and messing with this for hours. Ideas?

Comments

• edited September 2006
    More detail:

RAID controller is enabled.
    Mobo is flashed to most current, as is RAID controller.
    BIOS set to boot to SATA/SCSI, the only non-IDE option (and advised by manufacturer).
    SATA RAID controller sees both drives, both on boot and inside config utility.

When installing XP, the Setup app sees the drives, but it sees them as seperate partitions instead of a single partition.
  • edited September 2006
    Thanks anyway, I figured it out. I was using a slipstreamed install CD with (and without) the floppy. When I used my OEM copy with a fresh copy of drivers, it worked great!