Seasonic M12

rolleggrollrolleggroll Next to a bowl of rice
edited September 2006 in Hardware
I made a booboo. :honoes:

A friend of mine gave me a sweet deal on a Seasonic M12. He gave it to me brand new unopened for $100.00 so of course I took it. I figure I could just add it to my new conroe system i've been trying to build piece by piece. I am not well versed in PSU's at all so I am kinda worried that I might get stuck with a dud. I hear that Seasonic S12's are really popular and silent (and that was why I forked $100.00 for something I didnt really know), but I am ranting now.

Are the M12's any good? here are the specs

http://www.seasonicusa.com/m12.htm

Also, will it pair up well inside an Antec P-180 Black (which I also got for $70 new/unopened in that heavy box). I hear things like it fits only small PSUs or something.

Lastly my specs for the system I will need it on.

Case: Antec p-180
case Fans: Nexus 120 x 3
Mobo: Asus P5B
CPU: Conroe e6600
GPU: 7950 gx2
RAM: 2x 1gig corsair xms DDR2-6400
sound: Creative x-fi fatality
1 dvd rom
1 sata HD
logitech wireless mouse + Keyboard
vidcam

Thanks for the help guys.

Comments

• Mt_GoatMt_Goat Head Cheezy Knob Pflugerville (north of Austin) Icrontian
    edited September 2006
    Seasonic is currently one of the best PSU manufacurers. The 500W is a bit small for running 2 GPU's. If you got one of the larger ones then you are good to go. You still got a good deal and should have no problem getting your money back by selling it.
  • vaiovaio England
    edited September 2006
    Seasonics are good supplies......the possible case issue is re cable lengths possibly being too short on many supplies.

Assuming that isn't an issue I think you got a sweet deal on both.....going by U.K prices at least.