U3 Flash Drive

mtroxmtrox Minnesota
edited October 2006 in Hardware
So about a month ago I got a new SanDisk USB drive with this U3 thing on it. It just took space and seemed like the usual software crap, so I took it off. Now a buddy sends me a link about this U3 thing and the little video in the link is just damn impressive. http://www.u3.com/

What this does is make your computer completely portable on a flash drive. All of my Outlook syncs with it, all my favorites, and the files I always want with me. Then when you bring it up on any other computer you get your desktop (including wallpaper) and have Outlook and can send/receive.

So now I reinstalled it and am thinking this might be the end of my PDA. So far all I’ve done is go back and forth between my ThinkPad and my backup desktop but I’m impressed.

Anyone else played with this U3 thing?

Comments

• RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited September 2006
    That definitly looks cool... too bad the USB drive I am wanting to buy isn't on their list.
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited September 2006
    I just heard about it the other day as well. It sounds really neat.
  • mtroxmtrox Minnesota
    edited September 2006
    So far I'm pretty impressed with it. It syncs well, and worked fine on the server and laptop I was on this AM.
  • ValveFloatValveFloat SLC, UT
    edited October 2006
    It would be nice if my U3 Sandisk drive would work on my desktop....maybe I could utilize a few more of its features. I had no idea it was so functional.
  • airbornflghtairbornflght Houston, TX Icrontian
    edited October 2006
    hmm. I remember reading something on U3 I think, though I think it talked about the dark side of the flash drive. Im not sure, I will do some looking around to see what I can dig up on it.
  • mtroxmtrox Minnesota
    edited October 2006
    Today's the first time I've been on a computer that wouldn't recognize it. Brand new HP Media Ctr Ed. Don't know why, and I was too busy finding the bad memory stick to play around with the USB drive.