Nview Problem

Buddha16Buddha16 Austin, Tx Member
edited September 2006 in Hardware
I have a box w/ a fx 5500 and on board video. Everything runs fine with both displays but I have no nview options......I want to use the clone mode setting but I can't without the nview tab. Anyway to get around it or find out why i don't have that tab. Thanks.

Comments

• Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited September 2006
    What drivers are you running?
  • Buddha16Buddha16 Austin, Tx Member
    edited September 2006
    nvidia 4.34.20.27.02.

On board is an Intel 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV 6.14.10.3889

Thanks for the help Sledge.
    edited September 2006
    That would be the video bios :) I am looking for what Graphic Driver you are running or "ForceWare version" should be in this format xx.xx

Here is a screenshot, it should be listed under "display properties" under the "advanced tab".
    edited September 2006
    I just realized this could be a quick fix... the reason I am asking what version of drivers you have is because some older drivers do not have nView, but if it is a newer Driver, Make sure to check under your " Control Panel ” and click on the " Nvidia nView Desktop Manager " and make sure nView is enabled :) If you don't see the " Nvidia nView Desktop Manager " head on over to Nvidia.com and get the newest Graphics driver...

You might run into some issues as your card is a bit on the older side, But I am sure the new drivers support the FX 5 series still... if not let me know and I have all the nvidia drivers on my server :)