Planetside

NorgeNorge Sidney, Ohio
edited October 2003 in Gaming
Hey does anyone here play Planetside? I've had it for about 3 months now and I am horribly addicted to it. I'm on the Emerald server as a battle rank 4, command rank 0, New Conglomerate right now but that'll change soon. I had a BR 16, CR 1, NC guy but deleted him to try out the Terrans for a while. Got my Terran guy to BR 8 but they are just not as fun as the NC. I'm not even sure why but they just are. Anyhoo are there any other Emerald New Conglomerate players out there who wanna meet up and play some time?

Norge

Comments

• SlickSlick Upstate New York
    edited October 2003
    I played for a few weeks then I got bored of it.
  • NorgeNorge Sidney, Ohio
    edited October 2003
    How did you get bored with it so fast? There are tons of different combinations of certs you can try out. Plus you don't always have to follow the zerg and listen to the commanders. You can go off and do your own thing like take over towers or blow up generators just to be a pain in the neck. Did you ever give cloaking a try? That is always tons of fun. Going up behind snipers and wasting em before they even realize what is going on is always good for a laugh. You outta download a 7 day trial and give it another shot.

Norge
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited October 2003
    I have a BR8 Terran on Konried. My dad is ~BR13 Terran on Konried.

I like Planetside, but there are other things that interest me more than playing it. And it does get boring if you play it like I do all my other games (Several hours a day).

If you can sneak up behind the sniper, he's a ****ty sniper. I've never been killed from behind since I got the cert in July.
  • SlickSlick Upstate New York
    edited October 2003
    I played it during the beta too, plus the fact that you have to pay for it. There is also no real motive.
    edited October 2003
    Just because a sniper gets killed by a cloaker doesn't mean they are ****ty. It just means they should prolly check their back a little more often. Even with fairly frequent checks you could still get killed. It is very easy to get into your sniping. Especially when you are in a duel with another sniper. Those are always a blast. They are best when you get in a duel with a good sniper too. Those can easily go into 2 or 3 rounds of reloading and healing. Mainly comes down to who makes the first wrong move. Good times.

Norge
  • edited October 2003
    I wonder if any of you have ever heard of or played Tanarus, the precursor to Planetside. That is where the Vanguard, Magrider, Lightning, and the idea of cloaking for the game origionated. Tanarus is appx 8-9 years old and is a very addicting game once some basic skills are acquired. The emphasis of Tanarus is teamwork but there are parts of the game (phoenix wars and force wars) where the individual can conquer.
    Planetside is much different than Tanarus ex: first person role, and many more vehicles, but the basic ideas are the same.
    I just thought I'd share some information about the origional Planetside. If you want to any more info on Tanarus check out www.tanarus.com .

Tech
    edited October 2003
    Wow I never knew Planetside had orgins in that game. Pretty interesting stuff. Just goes to show you that good gaming concepts never die.

Norge
  • SicariusSicarius Columbus, OH
    edited October 2003
    Planetside is a great game with some flaws. But I bought it and I am going to be playing for a while.
    You know it would be kewl to have our own outfit though ;) Norge
    edited October 2003
    Oh yeah it is gonna be so cool when we make our 3 person outfit. They will ph34r our modius pwnage. If they ever let you buy bases with outfit points we need to buy a tower in the middle of nowhere to defend at all cost. Of course they will just see me with my guass and run though. They all ph34r my guassedness!

Norge