7950 GX2 brand differences?

rolleggrollrolleggroll Next to a bowl of rice
edited October 2006 in Hardware
I will admit, that the whole video card industry has changed many times already since my old Geforce 4 TI. I was reading up online for info and I found an article over here at SM by Mr. Sledgehammer, and it was very informative. Now I finally saved up the money for a GPU and a sound card. I got $700.00.

Simple question:
Which brand of 7950GX2 should I get for my rig?

I forgot to mention: I am using a asus p5b deluxe, and will be running the resolution of 1680 x 1050 (that should be high enough resolution to get the power out of the GPU right?) I am ordering exclusively at newegg.com so here are my choices: GPU's @ newegg. I read something that some brands have a trade in policy so that if DX10 comes out or something you can trade it back. Or which company's offer the best warranty on it.

I am not overclocking, nor will I plan to anytime soon. Suggestions, and criticisms are kindly welcome. Thanks in advance guys.

Comments

• Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited October 2006
    TBH XFX is the best one on the list and will give you the coolest running temps, and has a great build. But EVGA has the best return/ upgrade tree, but it has to be within 30 days of the original purchase.

Also your Mobo currently won't run SLI, so the 7950GX2 is the best you can get for now, but the G80 "8800GTX" will outperform the 7950GX2,so you might want to hold off for a DX10 compliant card :)