small form factor PSU

deicistdeicist Manchester, UK
edited October 2006 in Hardware
I currently have an Aopen X-cube containing a P4 2.6 and a geforce 4-mx which I'm using as amedia centre PC. I also have a radeon 9700 pro which I want to put in this PC. Unfortunately the weedy 275 watt PSU won't support it (I've tried, and got numerous crashes). The problem is that the X-cube is a small form factor case and the PSU is around a quarter the size of a standard ATX one. Anyone know of any small form factor PSUs with around 400 watts? Can you even buy small form factor PSUs seperately?

Comments

• edited October 2006
    I'm not sure how hard it would be to mount it in your mATX case, but PC Power and Cooling makes a 1U Turbo Cool 400 server psu for $149 here in the US. And they sell a 24>20 pin ATX adapter for $8 if your mobo uses a 20 pin ATX connector. It's not cheap, but you wouldn't have any worries about power delivery if you can use this in your case.

I don't know if this helps or not, but at least I looked around. That's one of the main reasons I've dislike the mATX form factor and these small cases; too hard to find suitable psu's for them.