Accelero X1 inverted - opinions

csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
edited October 2006 in Hardware
I still run my eVga 7800gt (516) which does really well. I'm also using it in a lian li v2000 case which places it at the top of the case ...inverted so that the fan is facing upward to the top of the case.
My question is ...since the Accelero models utilize heatepipes will this be effected by the inversion from the standard orientation?
Would I be better off with the silencer 5 (rev3)? I'm leaning heavily towards this model.

Comments

• QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited October 2006
    No one has an idea? I know I have no idea. Sorry csimon... :(
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    edited October 2006
    My guess is that inverting the heatpipes would bork it. Not positive, though :(
  • BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    edited October 2006
    Inverting the heatpipes shouldn't bork it. They work via capilary action, so orientation shouldn't matter. I've yet to see one with a "This End UP" sticker, and considering the resurgance of nice desktop and home theater cases these days, card makers would be foolish to make one that only worked in your average tower orientation. Also, look at heatsinks for CPUs. Their heatpipes go in every direction imaginable and they don't have problems.
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    edited October 2006
    That's true. I know at least turning them sideways doesn't matter, otherwise heatpipes wouldn't work in tower cases. So it probably wouldn't matter if it was upside-down.

You could always email the tech support of a company that sells a heatpipe product that you think will actually email you back.
  • csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited October 2006
    Well even so ...I really like the idea of removing the warmed air from the case like the silerncer does. If the accelero did this I wouldn't hesitate to get it. That's the only thing I don't care for. Other than that I like the other features.