Case recommendations plz

edited October 2006 in Hardware
I will be purchasing a case to replace the coolmax $7 case I got from NewEgg. It's actually functional but I feel like a big fat loser using it so don't tell anyone.

I am considering this Lian Li from NewEgg. Here is a link.

http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E16811112040

Its is rather pricey but it makes me drool. Is there anything that compares to this at a more reasonable price point. This one is going for $119 plus shipping. I don't like drive rails and I don't want a door in front of my drives. I just brake the door off and loose the drive rails. I know there a few Lian Li cases that are cheaper but they don't have a side window. I want a side window...:buck:

Side Note....did anyone see the fish tank Lian Li case? I had to do a double take. Weird....:confused:

Comments

• edited October 2006
    Actually, that's a pretty good price on a Lian Li case. And while I don't own a Lian Li, I have seen csimon's V2000 and that is a quality case. And that price is a good price for an aluminum case, period. My Coolermaster Praetorian RC730 cost quite a bit more than that Lian Li, but it also has a big aluminum hinged door on the front and I had to add my own side window too. It should make you a fine case for your computer system.

Go for it, man! :thumbsup:

EDIT: Newegg is presently showing it listed at $84.99 plus $20.17 for 3 day shipping. You need to jump on it now!:mullet:
  • edited October 2006
    Hmmm....shows it at $119 for me with $16 for shipping? Are you a prefered customer or something? Hmmmmm? Hmmmm?

Well, ok then.
  • edited October 2006
    Hmmm, I just clicked on the link again and it came back up as you say.:bawling:

I guess they must be updating prices right now and they keyed in the wrong pricing for a little bit. :bawling: