Is this brand of RAM any good?

TimTim Southwest PA Icrontian
edited October 2006 in Hardware
I was looking around at Tiger Direct and found this 1 GB stick of PC3200 DDR RAM. I was wondering if it's a decent brand with a good reputation.

The motherboard it will go in if I get it is an Abit NF-7 with a Barton 2500+ CPU running at 11X200 for 2.2 Ghz.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1071020&sku=ULT31664

Comments

• ArmoArmo Mr. Nice Guy Is Dead,Only Aqua Remains Member
    edited October 2006
    it appears to be a generic brand of ram, what i usually do is read the reviews on a item. But you have to take reviews with a grain of salt cause not everyone knows what they are talking about. alot of people on newegg give items bad reviews because they are misdiagnosing probkems or dont know specificly what the item they bought is actually for.

also check the boards HCL, hardware compatability list.
  • HawkHawk Fla Icrontian
    edited October 2006
    I've used Ultra ram that I got on sale for a couple of pc's built for a friend and inlaws.
    Never had any problems with it. And it's still running in their pc's after a couple yrs without a hiccup.
    It's lifetime warranty also, which is good.
    I haven't OC'ed it so I can't say whether it OC's well or not.
    One thing for sure, you should do a burn in proccess on the system after getting it all set with latest drivers etc,, then run memtest on each stick just to be sure there's no errors.
    I have found that testing everything newly installed on a system after a burn in saves a lot of headaches down the road.