Need simple PHP+MySql news update scriptlet

DogSoldierDogSoldier The heart of radical Amish country..
edited October 2006 in Internet & Media
I'm redesigning an existing site and I've realized that I'm no PHP script expert, far from it. There are 3 pages where content will be added through a web browser. Those three sections, "Community News", "Upcoming Events" and "General Information" will also be linked from the Home page, that is, the first sentence of each article will be posted and linked from the Home page. You can see what the layout looks like here:
http://www.miziwebiik.com/dev/test1.php note: Only the Home page and About page (both test pages) are available.

What i'm looking for is a simple script that can use PHP and MySql that a user can login to, say, the "Community News" section, add new text content, and have it appear on the Community News page and the first sentence (Linked) appear on the home page.

I've found a great number of CMS scripts, but they all seem a lil heavy for what I have in mind. I don't need a portal, just a simple script that a user can login and add text content. If anyone can point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it.

BTW, I'm also looking for a Site Search script that uses PHP+MySql heh...

Comments

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited October 2006
    It might be worth your time to skin an existing CMS rather than write your own (no matter how "simple" it is, a CMS is a complex beast that can introduce security holes in your site, to say the least) - open source CMSes include Joomla, Wordpress, and if you feel like paying I've had great success with Subdreamer.
  • ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited October 2006
    http://cutephp.com/ cutenews will do the job I think :)
  • DogSoldierDogSoldier The heart of radical Amish country..
    edited October 2006
    Thx Shorty, that's what I was looking for... Now, to see if I can get this to work.... *grunt