CPU cooler

CrunchieCrunchie Mandurah. Western Australia. Member
edited October 2006 in Hardware
Can anyone offer a suggestion for an after market HSF assembly for the PC in my sig? I need one that is going to fit without doing any mods :).
The arctic silencer heatsink on the graphics card brings the distance to the cpu down by ~ 20mm and the two fans on the side of case intrude into the case by about 50mm.
I don't want to order one online and find it doesn't fit.

Thanks guys.

Comments

• Datsun-1600Datsun-1600 Sydney.au
    edited October 2006
    A pic would help as to the layout and what sort of HSF is needed.

Athough I have a TT case with the fans mounted on a swing up bracket that blow over the mobo, and I have run an Artic Cooler Freezer 64 Pro and a Zalman 7700 Cu in it.

Datsun 1600
  • CrunchieCrunchie Mandurah. Western Australia. Member
    edited October 2006
    Here are three shots.

Dooropen.jpg

Doorclosed.jpg

Fullshot.jpg
  • Datsun-1600Datsun-1600 Sydney.au
    edited October 2006
    That is definitely tight, I would suggest a stock Opteron heatpipe cooler if you can find one or do some measuring and see if a Themalright XP90C will fit.

Others might be able to add more.

Datsun 1600
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited October 2006
    Datsun's recommendations are good. Your space is tight, and the stock Opty heatpipe cooler is a great performer, especially with an upgraded fan.
  • edited October 2006
    I'll third those options too. For your space constraints, the stock AMD heatpipe cooler with an upgraded fan such as a Panaflo H1BX in 80mm size would do nicely. The XP90-C with a 92 mm Panaflo H1BX is also a good choice too and will perform a little better than the previous setup, but will be significantly more expensive too. I do have both and have tried both setups and can verify that both are good choices to go with.:)

EDIT: If you didn't live halfway around the world from me, I could fix you up with an AMD heatpipe cooler. You might check on eBay and see if they are available.
  • CrunchieCrunchie Mandurah. Western Australia. Member
    edited October 2006
    Thanks guys. I'm on the hunt :).