500 GB is it gone!! (RAW Format Appeared)

edited November 2006 in Hardware
Dear people,

I have (well had) 500GB USB external drive. On one "lucky!" day, this hard drive is no longer shown on the PC's. I found out that the adapter is not working, i bought another one, it worked for a minute and stopped, a third one did the same. I was sure that its the board in this case which was doing this. Its a Branded set of a recently relatively "respected!" company.:bs:

I need the data.

I opened the case took the hard drive out, connected its to my PC internally (PATA 133) the amazing part is that not OS not the BIOS seem to know that anything is really connected. I knew that the carrier board of the HD is damanged. No time to ask and order I bought a twin of that HD and switched the boards so i can access the data. I can now see the HD in my computer but its in RAW Format.

I need the data.

I hope someone can help me recover the efforts saved in that HD. HOW TO RECOVER DATA OFF A RAW FORMATTED DRIVE?:mouldy:

Thank you for your time.

I need the data.

Comments

• Park_7677Park_7677 Missouri Member
    edited November 2006
    Try TestDisk to recovery the partition.
  • edited November 2006
    Thank you for that program, it does not support RAW Format though. I am trying EasyRecovery DataRecovery from OnTrack. It seems good but still no results. main problem is the file system once accessible any recovery software can do the job.