What do you think?

RWBRWB Icrontian
edited October 2003 in Internet & Media
Just took 5 minutes of my life for some fun in photoshop to try to make some space scene.

What do you think? God honest opinions, try to tell me if you can guess how I did it using which tools. ;)

This compression sucks, the original is about 1892x1419 at 133px/in As my desktopbackground it is uber sweet :(

Comments

• Mr_BojinglesMr_Bojingles Northern Michigan New
    edited October 2003
    Looks pretty good for only 5 minutes of time! It kind of seems that there is pattern in it, but i can't find it. Maybe i am just determined to find one that doesn't really exist.

I am not to familer with photoshop, so i can't really venture a guess as to how...
  • DogSoldierDogSoldier The heart of radical Amish country..
    edited October 2003
    I'm guessing Xenofx constellation, render clouds and you played around with the saturation.
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited October 2003
    mr_bojingles3264 had this to say
    Looks pretty good for only 5 minutes of time! It kind of seems that there is pattern in it, but i can't find it. Maybe i am just determined to find one that doesn't really exist.

I am not to familer with photoshop, so i can't really venture a guess as to how...
    DogSoldier had this to say
    I'm guessing Xenofx constellation, render clouds and you played around with the saturation.

Just Noise, Adjustment Levels to bring out some of the Noise and hide the rest, 4 Clouds Layers at different overlays and colors using Hue and Saturation AND Adjustment Levels. No Plugins but what came with Photoshop 7 ;). They teach us to create things without plugins.

Our class ahs a few things to say... Never use Default ANYTHING, Bevel and Emboss is no good, any idiot can use Lens Flares, and be original. Stuff like that :P
  • DogSoldierDogSoldier The heart of radical Amish country..
    edited October 2003
    2 out of 3 ain't bad! =D
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited October 2003
    It looks like unstirred pea soup, to be honest.

Space is more of a navy blue/black, and has no real clouds. Would've been better if you used light noise, pointillization, maybe levels + clouds to get a starfield effect.
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited October 2003
    No clouds in space? I recall Nebula and others which looks like clouds to me.
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited October 2003
    Yeah, there are nebulas. In fact, the nebula photos from Hubble that I've seen look a lot like your image, just without the repetition. ;) Good work.
  • kanezfankanezfan sunny south florida Icrontian
    edited October 2003
    i think it's great for a first photochop done in 5 minutes. I want to learn how to use photoshop, can you guys point me to some tutorials online?
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited October 2003
    thanks alot guys, thrax even gave me some ideas too. When I have time(in a couple days) I will try to see about creating a nebula in one area instead of spread out, and give it pillars and all that. The full version is MUCH better, if you want to see the fullversion give me a PM or some webspace ;) My upload is very fast at home.

I am never satisfied with my work though, I am looking at the image now and I wish I had noticed HOW BAD the clouds actually are, so damned spread out. I am happy with how the appear though with the different shades and colors, I feel that is the realistic part. The Background isn't actually pure black, I had originally marked the image as GREYSCALE then after creating the stars in different sizes and brightness I added color using RGB and hue and saturation. If you will notice that some stars are blue and some are red, and a mixture of the two colors, but nothing is of pure color, nor default.

The image is much smaller though too, in the original the clouds are actually more spaced out in appearance since youw ould be looking closer.

Kanezfan, I will probably start some photoshop tutorials in a month or so after I feel I have the program down much better. Show off some tips and tricks I have learned from my Leacturer. But I have only been using it for less than 2 weeks still. I am looking for the adobe thing for tutorials that was shown...
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited October 2003
    http://www.adobe.com/misc/adobestudio.html

I hear it is good, but I have not had time to go through it much. From what I did see it was very informative and my lecturer told me that adobe put in millions into the "Studio" production stuff. It gives you info on how to o alot of different stuff. From what I saw it is kindda overwhelming in some ways.
  • CyrixInsteadCyrixInstead Stoke-on-Trent, England Icrontian
    edited October 2003
    I think the nebulae are too randomly placed about, like strains. I think it woul;d look more realistic if there were a couple of big ares of nebulae, and much blackness.

But for 5 mins work, it's good!

~Cyrix