Need help to restore data

edited November 2006 in Hardware
Hi every body,

I got a serious problem my 20GB Maxtro Hard disk get crash and Hard disk doesn’t detected by BIOS also it gives some sound (like beep but not beep) while I on computer connecting that harddisk. I also tried changing data cable even tried to on another computer also same problem BIOS doesn’t detect that harddisk.

Do any body have idea how to recover data from this hard disk.

Comments

• jaredjared College Station, TX Icrontian
    edited November 2006
    Well first off, the sound the hard drive is making... is it a "clicking" sound? If so, this sound is referred to as the 'click off death' amongst us geeks because it usually means your driving is either dead or will be very shortly!
  • edited November 2006
    jared wrote:
    Well first off, the sound the hard drive is making... is it a "clicking" sound? If so, this sound is referred to as the 'click off death' amongst us geeks because it usually means your driving is either dead or will be very shortly!
    jared,

my harddisk make clicking sound and its already dead is there any way to recover data from that hard disk.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited November 2006
    The drive has undergone a mechanical failure. There is nothing that we at Short-Media can do to aid you. I suggest you seek professional data recovery services if the data is extremely important, however you might find the cost of approximately $1000/gigabyte a little steep.

It may be best to just cut your losses.