DV9000t Audio

edited November 2006 in Hardware
I was wondering if there is a place to get an updated driver for the Conexant HD audio card thats in the DV9000t. Ive been told it is whats causing issues with crashing in EQ2. Is HP the only place to get this driver? I have googled it to not come up with any info on a different place to get one. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• mtroxmtrox Minnesota
    edited November 2006
    Byrds6 wrote:
    Is HP the only place to get this driver? I have googled it to not come up with any info on a different place to get one.

I go to HP and see the new driver...as of Aug 21 of 06. And you don't want to get it from HP because.................................?
  • edited November 2006
    Just like i said in my post the drive is causing eq2 to crash. Perhaps if I got it from somewhere else, such as the creator of the card, it would be either A. more up to date or B. just better than the HP version
  • mtroxmtrox Minnesota
    edited November 2006
    OK, I see what you're going for. Those big OEM's like HP talk to their vendors every day. I seriously doubt there is an updated driver that has been tested for your machine since 8/21/06 that HP doesn't know about. If Conexant had a new driver that solves some bugs, they sure wouldn't keep it a secret from one of their biggest customers. They'd be bragging about how they service HP buyers after the sale.

Usually the OEM's have the latest driver before Windows Update or others host it. That's why I didn't get why you wanted to go somewhere else.
  • edited November 2006
    OEM manufacturers are notorious for not updating their drivers regularly. Very few will keep the most up to date drivers for their systems. When I owned my ZD8000 there were drivers there from 2004. I had my intel wireless card drivers from intel a month or so before HP ever put them out. So no they really dont keep them up to date like they should. But either way if there isnt one from Conexant then I guess Im stuck with what I have.
  • mtroxmtrox Minnesota
    edited November 2006
    I haven't seen that Bryrds. I do networking for companies that buy the big names, and have always seen them with the latest....often before the manufacturer of the device has them on their site. But then I don't have reason to go hunting as much as a lot of gammers do so you might see things I don't.