New to F@H

FaynorFaynor Clinton, IA
edited November 2006 in Folding@Home
Just thought I would make my first post. Wasn't sure exactly where this should be posted, but oh well.

I've just downloaded the program. Running it under the windows server manager and it's been going for a good 10 minutes now. I joined up under the 93 group and I'm hoping that I can help do my part.

Some of the posts I've been reading make it sound like things are crumbling around down here, but maybe thats not entirely the case. Anyhow I am here, and If things go well, I may be placing up a part machine at my house to run just this program.

I've read over your hosting and it's a good idea, but finding the right people to trust, and exclude those just doing it to get a free computer out of it.. it's really hard.

Well I hope things are still functioning here, and I hope to do my part well.

Comments

• profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited November 2006
    Welcome, Faynor. :)

As long as we keep getting enthusiastic new members like you will will remain far from crumbling. Good to have you here. If you have any questions - just holler. :D
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited November 2006
    Things are definitely on the upswing, no crumbling going on here. :)

Welcome aboard!
  • FaynorFaynor Clinton, IA
    edited November 2006
    My comments I've seen are made off old posts I have read, and not looked at the date. So such words I've sad as "crumbling" are mistaken. It does seem that there is a lot going on. Maybe the forum just has a past hanging around, someone new, wouldnt think to check.
  • ClutchClutch North Carolina New
    edited November 2006
    Welcome to the family Faynor. Good to have a new member for the effort.
  • edcentricedcentric near Milwaukee, Wisconsin Icrontian
    edited November 2006
    Welcome to the gang. Now all you need to do is buy a couple of more computers just for folding........
    Good to have you join.
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited November 2006
    Welcome to our little friendly team. The problem we've had is complacency. Every summer we slow down.... every fall we pick back up. :D
  • FaynorFaynor Clinton, IA
    edited November 2006
    Where can you go to check your stats to see how much You have completed? I am confused on this part still.
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited November 2006
    An hour or two after your first Work Unit is completed you'll start showing up in the stats. This site is one of several good ones. :thumbsup::fold: