Both dvd and cd drives acting up again, please help

TrumandrummerTrumandrummer Taylor Michigan Icrontian
edited November 2006 in Hardware
Ive had so many problems with my cd drives/dvd drive and most the time i fixed them.

a while back my Cd drive stopped working, so i went to control panel>device manager and uninstalled the drive and then restarted the computer. it then found the drive, reinstalled it and it worked fine.

A have a dvd drive the is actually (cd r +-, rw +-) and Dvd +- RW +-) but for some reason it never ever would load or burn cds, only dvds...... and me and a few others on short-media decided it is probably something with the drive....

anyways i have an important cd i have to put in to install something, and my cd drive wont work, so knowing that my dvd drive wont read the cd... i uninstalled the cd drive, restarted the computer, and it said it found the drive, reinstalled it, and i put the cd in.......... annnnnnd Nothing

the drive blinks but doesnt make any sound of loading at all, and i dont know what to do

ive also disabled it and enabled it

can anyone please help me?

Comments

• TrumandrummerTrumandrummer Taylor Michigan Icrontian
    edited November 2006
    Sorry for the bump, this is kinda importand for me, i just payed 400$ for something that might not work:mean::grr: lol
  • deicistdeicist Manchester, UK
    edited November 2006
    What else is in your computer? Sounds to me like it could be a power problem.
  • edited November 2006
    um well. its on a power surge save strip orwhatever. i got a new 250gb internal hdd set up externaly (with a case). a printer. and a modem/router. i have my stock computer speakers hooked to my pretty big basement sound system. i think thats everything...........