CPU Voltage for T7200

edited November 2006 in Hardware
According to Intel the voltage on the t7200 2ghz is suppose to be max of 1.3volts max. When I run RMclk it reports the voltage as being 1.325. Is this something that is going to dmg my cpu as its being over volted?

Comments

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited November 2006
    That CPU can take up to 1.6v. It's fine. :)
  • edited November 2006
    How do we know it can take up to 1.6v? The tech specs says up to 1.3
    edited November 2006
    Because the T7200 is the same as the Core 2 Duo CPUs, and the Core 2 Duos safely run at 1.6v.

The speed limit says the safe limit is 65mph. I can safely drive at 80.

Get the analogy?
  • edited November 2006
    The T7200 isnt just like a core 2 duo it is one. but if you say you know for sure it runs safely at 1.6 then ill say that its good at 1.325. electronics can just be funny about having too much voltage.
  • edited November 2006
    I saw on the intel specs where it said max voltage was 1.5 but on down it also said its max Vcc at high frew was still only 1.3. Why the difference between the two?
  • edited November 2006
    According to the Erols processor electrical specifications page, both Core 2 Duo desktop and mobile processors have a vmax of 1.55v. The mobile C2D's also have a 100 C Max Cover Temp compared to the Max Cover Temp of 60.4-61.4 C for the desktop series.
  • edited November 2006
    I was looking at intel's spec documents when I quoted the max voltages. As for temps. If I leave it normal where the CPU downclocks at idle I get idle temps of 23c-32c and load temps of 60-64c. If I use RMclk to kill the downclock to take out the squel I get idle temps of around 34c-40c. Im assuming that a constant idle temp of 40c wont hurt the machine.
    edited November 2006
    40c is actually pretty chilly. :)
  • edited November 2006
    sweet. then i guess all is well at 64c under a load like eq2 puts on it. and i guess ill force it to run at full 2ghz constantly with the 40c temps. that way now squel and no loss of power
    edited November 2006
    64C is a little warm for a C2D, but there's probably nothing you can do about it. A laptop is a laptop. Not like you can upgrade the CPU cooler.
  • edited November 2006
    Since the mobile C2D procs (Merom) are rated for 100 C, you should be just fine running at 64 C when loaded. :)
  • edited November 2006
    Id almost expect a 20c increase in temp under a load. The video card goes up to like 78c. so the cpu going to 64 doesnt sound too bad.