Having Texture Render Issues

edited November 2006 in Hardware
I'm using a rather cruddy Intel GMA 950, on a new Core 2 Duo laptop with 2048MB DDR2. I have a question, as I am having texture render problems esp. with MS Flight Simulator X. The Textures are rendering properly for about a fraction of a second, and then go blurry, I have AF on the Driver, as well as the game turned on. Is this a mip-mapping issue, or a filtering thing, and do any of you have a solution (download or whatever) to fix this situation, or should I just go back to my AMD 64X2 Box with a 6600GT??

Any Help Is apreciated!!

Thankyou in advance,

vonVeezelsnider

Comments

• Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited November 2006
    Your problem is in your first 7 words... "Intel GMA 950" this is by no means a gaming chip especially for a Flight Sim. The blurriness you are seeing is the distance cut off which isn't very far with that chip. As other graphical items popup that aspect might cut off all the way making all the graphics look pretty crappy.

Your AMD 64X2 Box with a 6600GT is a much better match for Flight Sim....
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited November 2006
    Your problem is in your first 7 words... "Intel GMA 950" this is by no means a gaming chip especially for a Flight Sim. The blurriness you are seeing is the distance cut off which isn't very far with that chip. As other graphical items popup that aspect might cut off all the way making all the graphics look pretty crappy.

Your AMD 64X2 Box with a 6600GT is a much better match for Flight Sim....

Took the words right out of my head, Sledge. The GMA 950 chip is weaker than some of yesteryear's first AGP 4x cards.
  • edited November 2006
    Thanks, I think that's what I'll do. I really appreciate it.

vonVeezelsnider
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited November 2006
    The GMA 950 doesn't even compare to a Geforce 6200
  • Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited November 2006
    I would put it sub par with a MX 4000
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited November 2006
    IE: It just ain't fast enough to utilize anything useful, it can't even handle the 512MB+/- of memory Intel claims it can use... maybe 64 to 128 max. the rest is a waste.
  • edited November 2006
    Well I'll Be Darned. Found A Fix to the FSX CFG file that makes the game stop mip-mapping so agressively so we'll see. I might see an improvement in textures. In the Meantime, I'm running it on my AMD64X2 3800.

Wish Me Luck!

Chris