NVIDIA GeForce Go 6150

edited November 2006 in Hardware
I was lookin at laptops for college...I'll need it for the basic school stuff, and I'd like to be able to run some games on it as well. Here's some basic setup I saw, but what about the graphics card? I'm a noob as far as these numbers go...

NVIDIA GeForce Go 6150

is that one any good?

Comments

• Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited November 2006
    The 6150 is a onboard graphics card. It is an okay GPU but it lacks in most games. I don't know what titles your thinking of playing but if it is games like Fear, oe Oblivion forget about playing games on that GPU.
  • MadballMadball Fort Benton, MT
    edited November 2006
    The 6150 is not made for playing games, just basic computer tasks and movies/DVD's. The only good thing about it is it doesn't suck much of your battery juice.
    edited November 2006
    To note, the 6150 is way better than what Intel offers for onboard Graphics
  • edited November 2006
    So what's an example of a laptop with a decent graphics card around $1000? It doesn't have to be amazing at games...just enough to run it so they are, eh, tolerable...
    edited November 2006
    what size screen? and why type of CPU?
  • ins4n17yins4n17y Cabanatuan City, Philippines Icrontian
    edited November 2006
    The only laptop i can name right now is a gateway 7515MX i think.
  • maxclarkmaxclark In a hole in the ground
    edited November 2006
    The 6150 is a onboard graphics card. It is an okay GPU but it lacks in most games. I don't know what titles your thinking of playing but if it is games like Fear, oe Oblivion forget about playing games on that GPU.

a Go 7600 will be able to run those right???
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited November 2006
    maxclark wrote:
    a Go 7600 will be able to run those right???

Yeah it should...