Help w/ BSOD

edited November 2006 in Hardware
Thanks in advance for any help you guys and gals can give me.

My pc started doing an endless cycle of BSOD mem dumps yesterday. It will boot and load up my desktop and a "Windows has recovered from a serious error" box appears. About 15-30 seconds later the BSOD mem dump happens. This cycle repeats.

The error codes given are:

0x0000008E
0xC0000005
0xF443ED44
0xB9EC9A20
0x00000000

The machine will reboot in safe mode and works fine. I have tried a virus scan w/ avast and it came back clean. Also went into msconfig and disabled all services except microsoft services. Still run into the same reboot cycle.

Help

Scott

Comments

• profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited November 2006
    Does the error message list a particular file (such as a DLL) which is related to the problem?

Did you change anything right before this began, such as updating a driver or installing a new program?
  • edited November 2006
    No and No.

Scott
    edited November 2006
    The errors seem to be related to a driver problem, and/or something making a memory call to a place it shouldn't (or can't, due to failing RAM).

I'd give Memtest-86 a full pass to see what's up. If it fails, see if you can relax your memory timings in the BIOS and give it another shot. :)
  • edited November 2006
    Ok, ran memtest -86 for 2 passes and got no errors.

Scott
    edited November 2006
    Do you have an recent Restore Point you can try? If not, try a different video driver; newer if available, older if not.
  • trolltroll Windsor, Nova Scotia Icrontian
    edited November 2006
    Hmmmm sounds very familiar... :)

Give this a read & try... http://short-media.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50966