Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

13»

Comments

• CyrixInsteadCyrixInstead Stoke-on-Trent, England Icrontian
    edited December 2006
    Like a mother eagle spying her young in trouble, Nintendo has announced that they are investigating the possibility of a stronger strap to take care of over zealous players. Apparently Nintendo President Satoru Iwata is a fan. President Iwata held a press conference yesterday, and the Mainichi Daily News has a full article discussing it.
    "'We are investigating,' Iwata said of reports about the Wii's strap coming off as players swung around the controller, at times causing the remote to fly out of their hands."
    In the article, the captain of Nintendo had this to say...
    "Some people are getting a lot more excited than we'd expected. We need to better communicate to people how to deal with Wii as a new form of entertainment."
    Satoru my good man, I don't think anyone on this planet was fully prepared for some of the bat**** crazy behavior we've all been witness to the last few weeks. At anyrate, its good to see Nintendo responding to the wild baboon sector of the gaming community.

http://wiihaveaproblem.com/

~Cyrix
  • CyrixInsteadCyrixInstead Stoke-on-Trent, England Icrontian
    edited December 2006
    I got mine today! I also pre-ordered in the shop. Apparently, I was the last person to do this on the last day, and the shop has been ringing people yesterday and today to ask them to come in and pick them up. Nonodies been answering, so they got round to me quicker than they should, so I was down there in a flash :D

Got Wii Play with an extra remote but they've sold out of Nunchucks. Got Zelda, and got Red Steel.

Only thing to do now make sure it gets to Santa safely is wait until Christmas Day ;)

~Cyrix
  • KentigernKentigern Milton Keynes UK
    edited December 2006
    BBC News item
    More than 1,200 Wiis have gone on sale on online auction site eBay in the UK within hours of the launch. The highest price for a console so far has been £500.
  • pseudonympseudonym Michigan Icrontian
    edited December 2006
    Just got mine today. Pretty freaking sweet. Played some Wii sports and then some Zelda. LOVE the controls, pretty impressive IMO.
  • edited December 2006
    i want 1...but i also want to upgrade my compy..

im stuck in a crossroad..but the PC will prob win
  • CycloniteCyclonite Tampa, Florida Icrontian
    edited December 2006
    w00t! I'm posting this from the Wii web browser. It's cool, but I don't think I'll use it much.
  • MedlockMedlock Miramar, Florida Member
    edited December 2006
    Cyclonite wrote:
    w00t! I'm posting this from the Wii web browser. It's cool, but I don't think I'll use it much.
    Same here. It works well but the keyboard is much better for typing. (not to mention the PC monitor doesn't flicker like the TV) Another nice freebie! :thumbsup:

PS: That was a b!tch to type. :range:
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited December 2006
    I got zelda TP for my birthday. I have component cables waiting for me in seattle. Now, I just need a Wii. (Not getting one until mid january, I'm sure)
  • pseudonympseudonym Michigan Icrontian
    edited December 2006
    I am replying to this thread from the opera browser on my Wii. Nintendo rules. That is all.....
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited December 2006
    okay so post your wii number, you doof.
  • WuGgaRoOWuGgaRoO Not in the shower Icrontian
    edited December 2006
    hmmm wii internet seems to be working terribly
    also... wii play is available...what store did u get it in?
  • flamingpeachflamingpeach Ontario, Canadia
    edited December 2006
    I love my wii. My husband and I play it all the time. I just downloaded super mario brothers (new version) and can't wait to get into it. :)
    edited December 2006
    WuGgaRoO wrote:
    hmmm wii internet seems to be working terribly
    also... wii play is available...what store did u get it in?

It's not out in the US yet (Feb 12th according to wikipedia).
    edited December 2006
    ahhh that's right..cytrix is in london
  • NosferatuNosferatu Arizona
    edited December 2006
    Well I finally got my hands on a Wii today. Toys "R" Us forced people to buy at least 1 game with it. They were out of Zelda so I picked up "Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz". I was planning on taking it back to Toys "R" Us in a few days and exchanging it for Zelda or credit back on my credit card. However, before I do I was wondering if it's good enough to keep? Has anyone played it? If so, what did you think?
    edited December 2006
    It's alright for the party games, but I wouldn't buy it. The main game is really not worth the $50.

Zelda, on the other hand, is very worth it
    edited December 2006
    does anyone in here like excite truck...cuz i am IN LOVE with it..also...what games actually utilize the wii-ternet?
  • NosferatuNosferatu Arizona
    edited December 2006
    I picked up Zelda: TP for $39+tax at Target last night. I played it for a little bit but haven't really gotten anywhere. It was a pain to get the Wii to play nice with my router. It turns out I had to enter the hexadecimal key rather than the plaintext pass phrase. I should have started enabling/disabling security features right off the bat when I couldn't get it to work. I was convinced for the longest time it was the MAC address filtering. :doh:
    edited January 2007
    If anyone needs wiimotes/classic controllers, they're in stock at newegg. The nunchucks are out of stock, though.
  • edited March 2007
    its was along wait for the wii but i finally got one :)
    wii you . com
  • MedlockMedlock Miramar, Florida Member
    edited March 2007
    Yeah, I'm glad I got mine at launch cause I hear they're still hard to find. :thumbsup:
  • NomadNomad A Small Piece of Hell Icrontian
    edited March 2007
    The window of the EB Games in my town is filled with Wii-wiis :(
    edited March 2007
    Those are display boxes. Every ebgames does that - the boxes are stacked to the ceiling, and they are empty. You walk in, you ask, they say "sorry no"

Actually, what they REALLY say is, in a superior elitist teenager voice: "Pfff! Yeah right!" and they roll your eyes at you as if you were the biggest asstwit in the entire nation.
  • NomadNomad A Small Piece of Hell Icrontian
    edited March 2007
    Those are display boxes. Every ebgames does that - the boxes are stacked to the ceiling, and they are empty. You walk in, you ask, they say "sorry no"

Actually, what they REALLY say is, in a superior elitist teenager voice: "Pfff! Yeah right!" and they roll your eyes at you as if you were the biggest asstwit in the entire nation.

No, they had Wiis yesterday.
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited March 2007
    Wiis tomorrow, Wiis yesterday, but never Wiis today...
    edited March 2007
    If anyone's still looking, i found mine at target after checking this wii tracker:

http://www.wiihunt.com/
    edited June 2007
    Is anybody looking for a Wii? I found three at a local store - if anyone wants one who is coming to the LAN I'll front you the money..
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    edited June 2007
    I'll take one!

Edit: No Wii (console) for me. ;[