rachael_may Amazes The BWA!

profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
edited November 2006 in Milestones
Holy cats - she sure didn't waste any time bumping that score past 5,000, did she?! :D

Congratulations on winning one of Team 93's finest prizes, Rachael. This ought to look nice in your trophy case! :thumbsup:

attachment.php?attachmentid=5147&stc=1

Comments

• QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited November 2006
    Congrats on reaching 5,000. Every point counts toward a cure. THANK YOU!!!
    :celebrate
  • rachaelrachael saaaf of the river
    edited November 2006
    very sweet of you both but the congrats are undeserved, i'm afraid.

strange things are afoot... my stanford stats indicate completion of 24 WUs but i have only completed 20 (currently working on 21). furthermore, i know i only have one active processor and stanford says two within the last 50 days.

so, i did not earn my BWA- bwaaaaah!

yours baffled-ly,

rach
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited November 2006
    Do you have a dual-core or HT capable CPU? That would show up as two processors. Other than that, I'm as baffled as you are. :scratch:
    edited November 2006
    it turns out that the processor is indeed dual-core... i did not know that! thanks, prof!

however, it's only been since this weird 'WUs outta the blue' thing that two processors have shown up- up to 19 WUs everything was entirely as i would have expected (bearing in mind that i did not realise the processor was dual-core).

so, yesterday the f@h/stanford discrepancy was four. today after a WU completed in the night it stands at five.

maybe for unknown reasons (unknown to me, at least) the processor has taken it upon itself to do i) two WUs at once ii) the same WU twice simultaneously. is that even possible?

does anyone have any idea what is going on?!

now i'm dual-core baffled :scratch::scratch:
  • ShalimarShalimar Touching the Stars
    edited November 2006
    I have had that happen to me several times now, i always thought it was stanford doing a recredit. One day i was on about 48 cpu's the next day it was over 90 cpu's....then about a week later it dropped back down to 48 cpu's.

I would say that is what has happened unless your 2nd core or HT proccessed some work units.

Still you have made the BWA and a big congrats rach. :)

Shal

PS: Unless your pc is haunted in which case i would do my best to make the ghost as comfortable as possible.
    edited November 2006
    I think Shalimar's answer is the most likely. (The recredit one, not the ghost. :vimp: )

Unless you consciously set up a second instance of Folding, it wouldn't add a second client all by itself. If you would like to do that I'm sure we can get you going. :thumbsup:
    edited November 2006
    thanks for the replies, guys.

i didn't consciously set up a second instance, and i doubt i could have done it accidentally (but you never know) :dunce: anyhow, i shall keep an eye on the situation and see if it reverts to normal.

shal, you've got me wondering... maybe the restless spirit of the speak and spell i had in the 80's has come back to correct spelling errors that remained uncorrected in his lifetime :eek3:

profdlp, i would not be averse to having a second client on the go, although i would need advice. i might get back to you on that when i have a little more time, if that'd be ok?

very best,

rxxx
    edited November 2006
    rachael wrote:
    ...profdlp, i would not be averse to having a second client on the go, although i would need advice. i might get back to you on that when i have a little more time, if that'd be ok?...
    Whenever you have time. It'll boost your production by about a third. :)
  • WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    edited November 2006
    Congrats Rachael! Didn't see this 'till today but good job!:cheers:
    edited November 2006
    thank you, FreeC8675 :)