Uh oh. BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH - [FATAL SYSTEM ERROR] = "HELP"

edited November 2006 in Hardware
My system crashed after uninstalling ZoneAlarm. I had to take out the battery of my Laptop (Dell Insprion 8500).

After turning it back on - this error message comes on, accompanied with a blue screen.

STOP: c000021a. {FATAL SYSTEM ERROR} THE WINDOWS LOGON PROCESS SYSTEM PROCESS TERMINATED UNEXPECTEDLY WITH A STATUS OF 0XC0000135 (0X000000000 0X00000000) THE SYSTEM HAS BENN SHUT DOWN.:eek2:

:(

Thanks in advance:respect:

Comments

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited November 2006
    Follow THESE directions, then go HERE and follow the instructions very closely. You've got a nasty little piece of spyware on your machine. :) We'll get you sorted out in no time.
  • edited November 2006
    Thrax wrote:
    Follow THESE directions, then go HERE and follow the instructions very closely. You've got a nasty little piece of spyware on your machine. :) We'll get you sorted out in no time.

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

After turning the laptop on, I am unable to get to my desktop. I see the black screen, windows logo screen. But the it goes blue - with the error?
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited November 2006
    Can you log into the computer via safe mode by tapping the "F8" key repeatedly as the computer is starting? Select "Safe mode with networking" when the hidden menu appears.
  • edited November 2006
    Thrax wrote:
    Can you log into the computer via safe mode by tapping the "F8" key repeatedly as the computer is starting? Select "Safe mode with networking" when the hidden menu appears.

Yes, I am able to do that, but after loads of commands flood the screen if goes to the Blue Screen of Death.

Ive tried this http://support.microsoft.com/kb/316503

and it doesnt have a go back option
  • edited November 2006
    I have installed My Xp disk to try and repair the damage. Firstly, I clicked (r) for repair, but it never worked. Now I have gone and tried to install a fresh copy, but instead of installing the fresh copy, I have tried to repair that way.

Fingers x