No Signal Input: Please Read

edited November 2006 in Hardware
Hey I love this site and now i SERIOUSLY NEED HELP

my pc desktop is around 2 yrs old (Sony Vaio)
for years i have enjoyed my ati radeon x700 pro and now as of 7 hrs ago when i boot my pc i get a "No Signal Input" then it goes to Power save mode on the monitor

MY GRAPHICS CARD IS FIRMLY IN AND SCREWED IN, 7 hrs ago it worked perfect i didnt not touch/open my pc. This leads me to think it was a broken graphics card (it fried or sumthing). But i tried my old ati radeon 9800 pro and i get the same darn problem ..... could i have fried my AGP slot ??:wtf:

Other notes: the pc turns on i hear the fan running and the onboard graphics work with my ati card removed .... . ..

Comments

• profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited November 2006
    Try Safe Mode and see if it makes a difference.

Using the onboard video if necessary, check Windows Display settings and see if it shows two graphics cards and/or monitors. If so, try setting the correct ones as default.

You should also check in the BIOS and see whether the Onboard or the AGP device is set as the default video option.
  • edited November 2006
    profdlp wrote:
    Try Safe Mode and see if it makes a difference.

Using the onboard video if necessary, check Windows Display settings and see if it shows two graphics cards and/or monitors. If so, try setting the correct ones as default.

You should also check in the BIOS and see whether the Onboard or the AGP device is set as the default video option.

I cant go in safe mode/boto pc/bios with the video card in. Only way is to take out the video card and use onboard graphics. Problem is if i keep both it automatically diverts to the video card agp and that causes the No signal input

right now im using default on board with no ATI card plugged in ...
    edited November 2006
    Did you check the setting(s) in the BIOS? :cool:
  • edited November 2006
    Check the BIOS with the ATI CARD out of the system>?> What should i look for ... i mean i didnt change anythin. I shut off my pc and this morning i have this problem
    edited November 2006
    Your BIOS could have changed due to a failing battery, or some other problem.

Try going into the BIOS without the ATI card in there, then check. Look for something like "Default" or "Primary" Video Output/Adapter/Device/Gnurlicken/Whatever. ;)
  • edited November 2006
    Nope there is nothing in my bios about Video. I even reset factory bios settings. Do you think its an AGP problem, will my Bestbuy service plan 3 yr warranty cover this??
  • edited November 2006
    I even tried removing the Mother board battery and restart the settings and still no go .... so 100% its the AGP port or the ATI card i will try on a friends pc later tonight
    edited November 2006
    porchemas wrote:
    ...so 100% its the AGP port or the ATI card i will try on a friends pc later tonight
    Besides the AGP Slot and the card itself, this could also be caused by a PSU problem. Trying it in a different computer is a great idea - good luck. :)
  • edited November 2006
    profdlp wrote:
    Besides the AGP Slot and the card itself, this could also be caused by a PSU problem. Trying it in a different computer is a great idea - good luck. :)

I will try if its not the card i will just go to Bestbuy and if they cant fix it in 3 days they will give me a new pc :) But im sure they will just replace the motherboard lol