iPod, I finally lost it.....

pseudonympseudonym Michigan Icrontian
edited November 2006 in Hardware
Ok so I have had this happen once before but I finally lost it tonight. iPods seem to have this deal that if you don't connect them to the computer after a certain amount of time they stop playing anything that was purchased on iTunes. Basically what is happening is that you hit play on something you bought and it skips through until you get to something that you ripped off of a CD, unless you "authorize" your iPod. This I find to be a exceedingly large pile of BS since I have a goddamn credit card receipt stating that I purchased it but it still won't let me play it. Even though I know it won't do anything, I wrote a letter to them so here it is. I guess thats enough whining for the day.,...

Thank you very much for taking care of the situation. I feel that you and Apple did an excellent job considering the circumstances presented (Just a programming error, no biggie).

I do however disagree with your general business practices and how you treat your customers. I am truly disappointed by the fact that at 3:00 am eastern time I can turn on my iPod and not be allowed to play songs that I HAVE PURCHASED FROM YOU. Why do I have to connect to iTunes to be allowed to play these songs??? Furthermore, why do your restrictive computer authorizations say that I have four authorized computers when in reality I have ONE computer. I understand that I am a hardware enthusiast and that because of it I have to go through a few hurdles to prevent piracy here and there but this is simply ridiculous. As an entirely honest person in the computer industry I should have no reason to have to suffer as those who bit torrent music and movies (And don't think I can't start doing that anytime I want, I just choose not to).

I am just exceedingly angry because I went to listen to my iPod tonight and I was denied that enjoyment simply because my iPod skipped through all the songs that I HAD PAYED MONEY FOR, simply because they were in iTunes format. This is simply the single most ridiculous thing I have ever encountered in my lifetime and I cannot understand why you would limit what I clearly payed money for. You allowed it to be on my iPod so why can I not listen to it without connecting to my computer???? It got on my iPod somehow, didn't it?!?!?!?!?!

Enough sarcasm though. As a loyal iTunes user I respectfully request that whatever the hell you are doing be stopped. I don't give a sh*t what those money grubbing record labels think, I want to be able to listen to the music I payed for so basically-

1) If I pay for the music I should be able to play it whenever I want to, I should not have to connect my iPod to the Internet to authorize it, especially after I have already done it once.

2) I should be allowed to go into my own account and choose what computers I allow access for. I should not have to sit here with one computer and suffer through all this BS to authorize 3 computers that don't exist anymore (I know that it is really no effort but it still pisses me off).

But mostly I'm just pissed that I tuned on my iPod and it wouldn't play anything I purchased on iTunes until I connected it to the computer. I am already not allowed to transfer it off of the iPod so why the hell am I not able to listen to something I bought and downloaded onto the iPod???

I know I won't get an actual answer to this question due to the nature of it but know that it is total bulls**t if someone who has payed good money for music is treated in this manner. Sooner or later everyone will turn to a bit-torrent site and you all are f**ked and for once I won't feel guilty. People deserve full rights to whatever they purchase not the rights distributed to them by some ******* in a corner office with a view of the bay.

Brian

P.S. Why the hell can't I stream anything on my XBox 360 that was bought on iTunes?? I payed for the goddamn music, why can't I stream it???? Stand up and stop letting those *******s at the record labels bend you over.

**Sigh** Enough whining, I'm going to bed.