HTT bus speed

CrunchieCrunchie Mandurah. Western Australia. Member
edited November 2006 in Hardware
Hi again. I'm back with another question. I have set the reference clock to 275 and the multiplier to 9X and the RAM ratio to 166 (5:6). Now, I have set the LDT multiplier to 3X giving HTT bus a speed of 1650.
Question is, am I better off with the 3X LDT multi or a 4X multi taking that up to 2200?
Reading the OC guide here http://www.short-media.com/review.php?p=7&r=300 it gives a safe range of 1700 - 2200. Obviously at 3X I am below that thresh-hold and at 4X I will be at the peak. I'm just uncertain as to which one to go for.
Thanks guys.

Chris.

EDIT. Tried booting with the LDT at 4X and the PC would not post :(. I don't know why though if the top limit is 2200 :confused:

Comments

• csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited November 2006
    I don't think that 2200 is a definitive "peak". If you're not posting then set it back to 1650 (obviously). This will give you headroom to go higher if you wish to do so or will allow you to run stable.

However, if you want to try 2200 stable (higher htt is no advantage) you can try starting your overclock at the 4x htt and working your way up to it. I know on my system I get into the same situation if I go straight from 3x to 4x.

Since 2200 is closer to 2000 than 1650 I would think that there may be somewhat of an advantage but not if it's unstable. Just my thoughts ...I could be wrong.
  • CrunchieCrunchie Mandurah. Western Australia. Member
    edited November 2006
    No worries, thank you.
    Am having more problems now running as quoted above. Windows Explorer crashes sometimes at startup and I am getting BSOD's. What sort of voltages should I be running everything at at these speeds?
    I upped the Vcore by 0.1v, the chipset from 1.5v to 1.6v and the Vdimms @ 3.0v.
    I am not sure what is causing the problem though. If anyone can give an insight I would appreciate it.
    Temps for the cpu under load are mid 40's with the RAM hitting 50+