Dark Messiah

ronboronbo Connecticut
edited November 2006 in Gaming
Just installed Dark Messiah and was wondering if anyone else was playing it. It is a very graphic intensive game, kind of like Oblivion,with lots of rag doll effects. When I first started it up it set the video options to my system specs. It runs great at the recomended setting for my system but if I change a setting from medium to high it runs a little laggy. I just upped my CPU from a AMD 3200 to a AMD FX-55. I am still with a 6800GT because I have AGP only. Is the graphic card holding me back? Will the 7800GS AGP card give me any improvement?

Comments

• csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited November 2006
    are you ocing the 6800gt?
  • ronboronbo Connecticut
    edited November 2006
    csimon wrote:
    are you ocing the 6800gt?

No. I am afraid to try that since the card is not for sale anymore..If I mess it up I will have to buy a whole new system because AGP cards are hard to find now. That will mean a new MB,ram,graphics card for pci express. Right now I do not have to money to do that..
  • edited November 2006
    I had a go of the demo and found performance to be pretty poor on a X1900XT. I had hoped to ramp up the details but it seems they've done too much with/to the engine for that.

Didn’t like it that much in all honesty, just didn’t seem to have the depth of Oblivion and felt almost like a Mod.
  • ronboronbo Connecticut
    edited November 2006
    Thanks for that reply rapture-IC. I did some more reading on this game and many found it to be a little buggy. So I guess I will not use this game to judge my system....