Cannot get my computer running again...

BeefCaikeBeefCaike Canada Eh!
edited November 2006 in Hardware
I've been using a Gigabyte GA-8IPE1000 Pro-G mobo for the past year with no problems. Last night while burning a DVD, it locked up on me. So naturally, I shut it off, and powered it back on. Once I did that, I noticed nothing was happening. The monitor was blank (in sleep mode). The power LED was on, and the HDD LED was solid. All the fans inside were running, and it seemed like everything inside was fine... but it just wouldn't start. I don't think it is the video card because of the HDD LED... it just stays on and nothing is happening on the Hard Drive. It seems as if something is screwing up within the first second of powerup.

I thought it was maybe the CPU, but I tried it on my other computer and it was fine. It wont even start the post screen. Nothing I do seems to rectify this problem. Can someone help me on this?

Comments

• adarryladarryl No Man Stands So Tall As When He Stoops To Help a Child. Icrontian
    edited November 2006
    Could be a number of things, but for starters have you:

1. Pulled the power molex and IDE cable off the back of the DVD drive and tried to bootup?

2. Cleared the motherboard CMOS via shorting the jumper for a few seconds or removing the CMOS battery for 15 minutes? (see motherboard manual for details)
  • BeefCaikeBeefCaike Canada Eh!
    edited November 2006
    Well, I got fed up with waiting and decided to get a new motherboard. That seemed to be the problem. I think my old one broke because of high static electricity. The room we are in is very staticy, and my computer was sitting on the carpet. Let this be a lesson to anyone in the same situation. Discharge yourself before touching your computer, and try to keep the computer off the carpet.
  • ins4n17yins4n17y Cabanatuan City, Philippines Icrontian
    edited November 2006
    BeefCaike wrote:
    Well, I got fed up with waiting and decided to get a new motherboard. That seemed to be the problem. I think my old one broke because of high static electricity. The room we are in is very staticy, and my computer was sitting on the carpet. Let this be a lesson to anyone in the same situation. Discharge yourself before touching your computer, and try to keep the computer off the carpet.

i've heard this sort of thing before. i haven't had any problems with static electricity even now my computer is on carpet. its glad you pointed that out....perhaps if my rig cooks i'll know what not to do :)