How to Record a Song Played in Macromedia Flash 8?

fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
edited December 2006 in Internet & Media
is there anyway to record a song that is played through Macromedia Flash 8? I right click on the Flash player, but all it gives me for options is "Settings" and "About Macromedia Flash 8" and settings is just an allow/dont allow plugin..

TIA

Comments

• edited November 2006
    There are audio recorders that will record audio being output from your computer, however those aren't always good quality. Do you not have access to the song otherwise? Also if you have the file itself you can open the fla file and get it out of the library...but I'm betting you don't have that.
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited November 2006
    lol...whoever changed my title...thanks:thumbsup:

no I dont have the file. what it is, is a song on myspace that plays through myspace's macromedia flash player. i want to be able to listen to the song on my mp3 player in my car/work/etc. i'm not trying to copy it then put it on bittorrent or anything...just wanna listen to it when im other places besides my computer.
  • edited December 2006
    Lol, alright well...that would be illegal. Many myspace sites actually give you the option to download it. However, you would not want to record or take the music from those players because they will not be stereo quality. I would suggest you find somewhere else to get the song. What song is it?
  • airbornflghtairbornflght Houston, TX Icrontian
    edited December 2006
    Actually, I think that it may be ok to record it as it plays. As I believe that this falls under the analog hole. I think this is similar to it being legal to record a song as it plays over the radio.
    edited December 2006
    Lol, alright well...that would be illegal. Many myspace sites actually give you the option to download it. However, you would not want to record or take the music from those players because they will not be stereo quality. I would suggest you find somewhere else to get the song. What song is it?

:rolleyes2

a song that's album wont be released for two more months. and if they play this song on the radio and i record it on a tape and then play it in my car is that illegal? mp3 player, audio cassette..im not trying to mass produce this copy...i just want to listen to it on my iPod:headbange

this is the song though
    http://www.myspace.com/saliva
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited December 2006
    fatcat6 wrote:
    :rolleyes2

a song that's album wont be released for two more months. and if they play this song on the radio and i record it on a tape and then play it in my car is that illegal? mp3 player, audio cassette..im not trying to mass produce this copy...i just want to listen to it on my iPod:headbange

Actually, it is, but it's not like I care. The DMCA is horse crap.
    edited December 2006
    Thrax wrote:
    Actually, it is, but it's not like I care. The DMCA is horse crap.

which is...the audio cassette off the radio or an mp3 on my ipod?
    edited December 2006
    Both, actually. :| Shhh. Supar sekrat ops engaged. You have PM tomorrow.
    edited December 2006
    Thrax wrote:

Mission Impossible theme music (from the TV show not the Tom Cruise BS) plays in head...alright:thumbsup:
    edited December 2006
    Thrax wrote:

hmmm...maybe thrax aka panties meant teh day after tomorrow....:ninja:
    edited December 2006
    He did.
    Because he forgot. ****.
    edited December 2006
    i found a way, but it doesnt record at a very good quality. Thraxy help me out bud...
    edited December 2006
    I've been trying to track down a piece of software that use to rip songs straight to mp3 from a flash bit, but I can't remember the name, and I'm having one hell of a time tracking down without the name. It was an amazing piece of DMCA-violating software.