How to get to BIOS on a computer that wont boot?

2»

Comments

• edited December 2006
    Thrax wrote:
    I, too, am at this point baffled.

I really do appreciate all your help, you guys really make a newbie feel welcome. Thank you!!

I'm done till I get some more parts in here. I'll try the battery and new fandancy cables and see if those change anything.
  • edited December 2006
    I popped my ME disk in just for poos and giggles. It said there was no HD.

I sent it down the road. My gut tells me it's the mobo but told her to get a 2nd opinion from someone with some actual training. I'm fine for simple hardware changes but I'm no pc doc. She talked to the lady a geek squad (setting up her new laptop *drool*) and told her what I had tried and she agreed that it's the mobo.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited December 2006
    I'd be careful about what Geek Squad tells you. Very careful.. I <i>work</i> at Geek Squad and wouldn't trust even some of the people in my own department to make a diagnosis that's correct.
  • edited December 2006
    LOL. In any case, It's apparently over my head. It'd be fun, and a good learning experience to continue to try to fix it myself. But not at the expense of my mom, and we dont have the $ for me to play right now. I'll keep a look out for good deals on parts and if she lets it sit and collect dust (which I'm sure she will) I may tackle the beast again.