Monitor help on laptop

jimbo1406jimbo1406 Maine
edited December 2006 in Hardware
I am having problems with my monitor. When i go into device manager under monitors it shows 4 default monitors. I have tried to uninstall and disable them and nothing works. If I am right it should show what type of monitor it is right? It is a new inspiron1505 with a dual core 2, i just got off the phone with the retards at dell and they say to backu p my system and run a pc restore. I think ill liste to what one of you guys says. Thanx guys

Comments

• MissilemanMissileman Orlando, Florida Icrontian
    edited December 2006
    Thats normal for Dell if you have an ATI graphics chip.

My 9300 has always shown 4. Even when I ran regular Catalyst drivers.

I went back to the mobile set cause they seem to run smoother.
  • jimbo1406jimbo1406 Maine
    edited December 2006
    Oh, that's good to know. Every once in a while when i close WMP the screen turns black and the computer freezes. I called dell and he says that it's b/c it shows the four default monitors.

Is it normal for it not to say what type of monitor it is. All it shows when you expand it is default monitor four different times. Thanx for the help man.
  • MissilemanMissileman Orlando, Florida Icrontian
    edited December 2006
    I just went and checked it.

Yep,,,,, 4 default monitor entries. they say it's because you have the LCD panel and you can have the external monitor, each supporting dual monitor so you get 4 entries.

I found out about it over at the Dell support forums. They have some very good guys in there also.

http://forums.us.dell.com/supportforums/?category.id=inspiron