Gigabyte X1600 XT gone WILD

edited December 2006 in Hardware
Hi there!
This is my first post, and i start with a "emergency"...
I was doing a rotine software upgrade on my pc, and when i got to the gpu things started to go wrong.
I updated the vga tools from gigabyte and then went on to update the bios - as I did previous with other boards. I backed up the old bios and then flashed the new from gigabyte - then the all hell broke loose! During the flashing procedure the pc rebooted - without any notice - and from then on my gpu doesn´t work!
I tried to reflash with the backup bios but it doesn't work, and I'm now stuck with a onboard graphics from intel...

To initial flash i used the gigabyte vga tool from windows - and i used also to make the bakcup - but, since i don't have any image to restart the computer i can´t use it to reflash, so i used the ati tool flash utility to flash from dos, but it doesn´t work! The gigabyte utility also doesn´t work!

The ati flash utility reports that "write fail", and the gigabyte utility simply hangs and does nothing!

I don't know if this is related to the fact that the backed up image was created in windows environment by other gigabyte utility....

Put in simple words: I don´t know what to do!

Please help!

Thanks

Comments

• edited December 2006
    Just had enough of this computer! After hours of internet surfing couldn't find a single answer for my x1600 bios problem, and, to worsen the things I've just discovered that my theater 550 pro is also sufering from the same problem: no bios! I know that this thread is for emergency situations, and, even that my computer boots, it is pretty much useless in this condition...

If someone has a clue for what the hell happened to cause this situation, please feel free to share. At this precise moment I'm pretty much stunned with this....

Just another request: if there is any powercolor pro 550 theather owner out there please give me a copy of the bios.

Thanks