Reinstalling Windows

edited December 2006 in Hardware
I really need to reinstall Windows cause there are so many things wrong with my computer
The problem is my computer even though its only a year old never came with an Xp cd and sme prgrams that came with the computer like smart restore dont work cause im on xp pro
Im no a novice on installing windows but any help on this subject would be apprciated

Comments

• nikkienikkie Florida
    edited December 2006
    Def. a bad idea to buy a system with no winxp cd included..
    I would def. get a copy of win xp pro (somehow)..

Anyhow,What is going on with your pc? what is it doing? maybe i can help with that.
  • edited December 2006
    well i aint gonna go out and spend over £100 to buy and xp cd
    there are just so many things wrong
    i have scanned for spyware adaware viruses both in normal and safe mode and its just not finding anything
    i have pop ups comin up, programs are coming up with error messages example i had san andreas instaled and worked fine then suddenly i tried to start it and it came up with the error all the time
    another example would be winamp which worked fine yesterday morning and i didnt change anythin on my computer and its not saying the same error message
  • nikkienikkie Florida
    edited December 2006
    whats your aim/msn/yahoo (either one) name? i will try and help,if you want..
  • edited December 2006
    ive added msn to me profile cause i cant send me email in posts yet
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited December 2006
    From the description of your problem it sounds like you may have a spyware or virus problem. Even if you don't, it would be nice to eliminate that possibility so you don't end up running around in circles.

Post a HijackThis log and we'll take a look at it for you. :)