Printer/Scanner Combo

RWBRWB Icrontian
edited December 2006 in Hardware
I am trying to get my workspace down to a minimum, I am curious what a good printer/scanner combo is, one that preferably doesn't guzzle ink like my canon or epson whatever it is did. A good all around one is nice... dunno what I'll be using it for, but like right now I wish I had one that could print a damned label, but next month it might be a picture, or a document....

Any suggestions...

Comments

• fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited December 2006
    HP seems to be everywhere, and inks arent bad priced either.

Personally, I love my Epson CX6000 all in one. I'd recommend getting one that has seperate ink cartridges for color.
  • CryptoCrypto W.Sussex UK Member
    edited December 2006
    I gave up on the Epson CX range, just used too much ink.

I'm currently very happy with my HP PSC1410 (I think that's the right ID)
  • HawkHawk Fla Icrontian
    edited December 2006
    I recommend HP. I've used a bunch of different brand printers, printer/scanners, and all in one's. I have used the HP All In One's for my business + home and couldn't be happier. They have separate black + color ink cartridges.
    Very good print quality. And I've had one running--printing/scanning/faxing at least a couple things daily, sometimes much more, without problems for 5-6 yrs now.
    Never had it serviced. Just did routine cleaning on it myself once a yr.
    I use up the color ink faster than the black, because I do color copying more often. I change the color cartridge about every 6-7 mnths. Sometimes I get a little more time out of the black cartridge.
    I would also recommend getting a combo All in one print/scan/fax. You never know when you will need it.
    Not to mention you can run it through your pc or without the pc being turned on.
    So, If you ever have a problem with the pc you can still use the printer/scanner/fax.
    They are very reasonable in price as far as diference between printer/scanner and the All In One.
    Hope this helped you out.
    Should be a good time of yr to catch one on sale.
    Even Wal-Mart has them on sale. I'm sure many other stores do too.
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited December 2006
    I have an HP combo, and it works fine. The printer is crisp, and doesn't guzzle ink (as badly as my Epson and Lexmark used to, anyway), and the scanner is the first I've ever had which has continued to function for more than a couple of years.
  • jmoney3457jmoney3457 Maine
    edited December 2006
    yes HP is best I've found..altho the dell AIO I purchased with my dell PC has proven very good as well..only thing is you hafta buy ink directly from them (as far as I know you can't just go into staples and buy ink like you can for hp/lex/epson etc):)