Email notification

ShivianShivian Australia
edited June 2003 in Community
Hey Admin peoples

Dunno if I'm doing something wrong but my email notification seems to be fubared... is email notification working for other people atm? Or am I on the same ship as everyone else? :scratch:

Cheers!
Shiv

Comments

• ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    The 55+ emails I get from short-media forums (everyday) .. kinda tell me things are ok here < lol >

Drop me a PM with your email addy and Il do a route test email .. incase your email is rejecting us as spam :rolleyes:
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    Others have had the same problem. We're looking into it.
    ]
  • KhaosKhaos New Hampshire
    edited June 2003
    No problem, per se, however it would be nice if PM notifications included the message in the e-mail. Invision does this, and it's useful for screening notifications.

What I would REALLY like to see is the ability to subscribe to a thread without getting e-mail notifications. I'd like to be able to go to the control panel and see all the subscribed threads but not get my mailbox spammed. I don't know what this option has never been written for any board I've seen to date.
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited June 2003
    I've been getting them OK. You don't by chance have a spam filter and/or junk mail rule set up in your email client, do you?

Prof
  • -tk-tk Detroit, MI USA Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    yeah really, I looked at the logs and returned mail and I'm not seeing anything except two errors to the same two email addresses. I dont want to post anyones email address, so email or PM me and I'll tell you about it.
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited June 2003
    jdii1215 said
    Well, this morning I got two from the 11th and one from today all at once, then things worked nice after that.

That sounds more like your ISP. Adelphia (my ISP) sometimes holds up a piece or two of email for a couple of days like what you describe.

Prof
  • ShivianShivian Australia
    edited June 2003
    I got an email notification about this thread but they haven't been consistent... I've noticed other threads I haven't been getting notification for. So I am getting *some* but not all.
    (Ps. response was slow cause I posted that just before I went to bed ;) )
  • ShivianShivian Australia
    edited June 2003
    Well I have also noticed that I am not getting notification in Icrontic either... my ISP might have some dodgy filter on the mail. Weird thing is that one email did get through.