Internet gone (again)

edited December 2006 in Hardware
After a while of surfing the net or when a download completes or even when someone logs on to MSN, the internet stops and I have to re-install my motherboard drivers (nForce2) which takes a lot of time. I have ended up un-installing MSN and installling firefox but the problem still happens.Can anyone help?

Comments

• CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited December 2006
    We need more info. Tell us exaclty what kind of hardware and software you are running, and just what you mean by 'internet stops'...

Does it give you an error message of any kind?
  • OrianeOriane Turn around.
    edited December 2006
    You've been fighting this one a while.

I have a couple of thoughts if not a solution.

First, try booting into Safe Mode and see if there is any difference in behavior. If the situation clears up, your problem is probably not hardware. But ...

Network cards are cheap. I've had a couple of friends who had the integrated LAN port just stop working or whig out and the fix was to either use the other LAN port on the board (if there is one), or spend a few dollars on a PCI Fast Ethernet card (if you're like me, you have one in a box somewhere) and plug it in. If anything, this will help you eliminate the hardware as the problem.

Regardless, like CB said, if the problem persists post back with your system specs.
  • edited December 2006
    I have tried booting in safe mode and the internet still doesn't work and when I try to get the internet to work by installoing the drivers again in safe mode, the internet doesn't work.

I would prefer to verify for sure if it is a hardware problem as I would like not to have to spend any money.