Diary of a PvP God

edited October 2003 in Gaming
Well, that's what I called myself, the Son of Myrkul(role playing of course) the Forgotten realms god of the Dead.

I had created a guild based on the lore we would create and did create in Never Winter Nights on AOL way back in 92. The guild grew and are still playing and killing together today.

SHADOW BANE:

Is our home now, the Mourning Server. The Undead Lords or the UDL are the top dogs at the moment in a game where guild wars, politics, and PKing is a way of life.

Shadow Bane or SB has proven to be the only game created just for PvP and PKing. So far, after it's rocky start, it is a success. There is a new expansion in the works, tons of viable class combonations, and lots of action up coming with a lot of server merging, and new maps coming out. You EXP, level up, and fight each other, that's the nut shell version.

Be prepared to be killed alot, that's the game. But, if you like this kind of enviroment, this game is for you. large guilds dominate, then are rebelled against, and new ones take their place. Just ask Covenant of Swords, or the R30s, or Death Heads Legion or Lex Talonis..all huge power house server dominating guilds taken down.

Be prepared for every action having a reaction. You wanna go out and kill people with no remorese, expect their guild to be baning your city and trying to tear it down. Talking smack on the server boards? You better be prepared to back it.

Shadow Bane is a fun, growing, expanding, improving game that rewards those who live by the moto: "Kill or be Killed"

Zerackus the Bane
Mourning Server
Undead Lords

Comments

• MancabusMancabus Charlottesville, VA
    edited October 2003
    Am I reading this wrong, or is this an advertisement for Shadow Bane?
  • edited October 2003
    No, was just my review.
  • Rot-KatzeRot-Katze Pensacola, Florida
    edited October 2003
    I was thinking about getting it a few monthes ago..really that great?
  • TheBaronTheBaron Austin, TX
    edited October 2003
    that actually sounds kind of cool, but i can never forgive the graphics... that game looks awful
  • TemplarTemplar You first.
    edited October 2003
    OT: God bless the El Camino Rot. :)

I looked at Shadow Bane and turned up my nose. The moment I hear PvP, I hear the High school freshmen trying to talk trash. It gets OLD, and OLDER, and OLDERESTEREST too fast. I will never touch a Pro-PvP game again (Thank god for Horizons, I hope). If Horizons suck, I'll stick to good ole fashion Tabletop and local geek hangout :)
  • edited October 2003
    PKing or RPKing, and PvPing are two different things.

PKing and RPKing are Player Killing and Random Player Killing. It's just like you said, high schoolers running around "ganking" and yelling "l33t." There is plenty there.

PvPing, is Player vs Player. It's a duel, a thinking mans way to kill between to foes, or groups of foes. I PvP, I am 34, been playing on-line games since 1988 on Neverwinter Nights on Aol.

Shadow Bane is very good for what it is, a PvP and GvG game. Guild vs Guild. Cities battles are fun..huge battles lag a bit, but they continue to eliminate it.
  • Rot-KatzeRot-Katze Pensacola, Florida
    edited October 2003
    Templar had this to say
    OT: God bless the El Camino Rot. :)

werd :mullet:

I just got one last week :)