Can this video card run dual monitors?

TimTim Southwest PA Icrontian
edited December 2006 in Hardware
I just upgraded my main computer system with a Radeon X700 Pro 256 MB graphics card. It works really well with my new 20" Samsung 204B monitor.

The video card has a DVI output plug and a VGA plug also.

I was wondering if I could keep my 204B on the DVI and plug in a 17" CRT on the VGA connector and have dual monitors.

I'm only doing it to see what it looks like, I wouldn't plan to run dual monitors like that for any real long length of time.

Comments

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited December 2006
    Yes.
  • TimTim Southwest PA Icrontian
    edited December 2006
    Okay. Any special settings that need to be done, like having both monitors at the same screen resolution or anything else?

I'll try it tomorrow evening.
  • edited December 2006
    If one is a LCD it should be run in its Native Res. and the CRT should be run in what ever it likes.

you have 3 choices I think, to stretch the image across the 2 monitors or clone them (both the same) or separate images on each.

And congrats on the 20" (im still using a 15":crazy: )
    edited December 2006
    I still have my old 19 inch flatscreen CRT, I wonder how World of Warcraft would look stretched across both monitors...:scratch:
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited December 2006
    More than likely, your video card is too weak to make such a large picture run smoothly in a video game.
    edited December 2006
    I tried it with both monitors and it was okay. Too many images were split right down the middle, though, making the words at the edges tough to read.

When I started World of Warcraft, the displays went to the cloned displays. When I got out of WoW, it went back to being stretched across both monitors.

Then I took the 19" CRT off and went back to my 204B all by itself.

Now I know what dual monitors are like. I prefer one big monitor instead.
  • edited December 2006
    At least you had fun messing around with it.:cheers:
    (If you hit the lotto and get a better Video Card try this out)

http://www.tgdaily.com/2006/08/30/seamlessdisplay_triplemonitor/
    edited December 2006
    $16,000 ?!?!?! :wow2:

Nah.